- 1A person or thing that develops something: a property developer software developersMore example sentences
- It was owned by a property developer who preferred to organise build packages rather than see projects through to completion.
- My current boyfriend is the son of an antiques dealer; he's a property developer and a builder of tree houses.
- The move follows Sega's shift from a hardware producer to a developer of software for all gaming platforms.
- 1.1 [with adjective] A person who grows or matures at a specified time or rate: I was a slow developerMore example sentences
- They are often late developers, live by their own rules and can be utterly selfish.
- Young people often become anxious or worried if they think they are early or late developers.
- Jonathan Simpson, defending, said that his client had been a slow developer as a child and was very immature at the time of the offence.
- 1.2A chemical agent used for treating photographic film to make a visible image.More example sentences
- The recipe for paper is almost a double-strength version of my film developer.
- In a darkroom floating in a bath of developer an image slowly materializes.
- It is used in cosmetics and photography as a black and white developer, among other industrial applications.
More definitions of developerDefinition of developer in:
- The British & World English dictionary