Definition of deviant in English:
1Departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior: deviant behavior a deviant ideology
More example sentences
- He calls himself ‘a problem drinker, a user and occasional abuser of narcotics, a high school dropout, a pessimist prone to loose women and no stranger to prostitutes and deviant sexual behaviour’.
- Given these contradictory insights from the literature, the issue of deviant behaviour and informal social control in peer - to - peer networks needs more empirical research.
- This, in turn, reinforces the idea that children who exhibit any kind of sexual behavior are deviant in some way.
1.1 offensive Homosexual.
nounBack to top
A deviant person or thing.
- Norms use the clubs of stigma and shame to punish deviants, nonconformists, and radicals.
- Strip clubs are not a festering hive of perverts and deviants.
- Were you saying the behavior is deviant or they're deviants?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan