Definition of deviant in English:
1Departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior: deviant behavior a deviant ideology
More example sentences
- He calls himself ‘a problem drinker, a user and occasional abuser of narcotics, a high school dropout, a pessimist prone to loose women and no stranger to prostitutes and deviant sexual behaviour’.
- Given these contradictory insights from the literature, the issue of deviant behaviour and informal social control in peer - to - peer networks needs more empirical research.
- This, in turn, reinforces the idea that children who exhibit any kind of sexual behavior are deviant in some way.
1.1 offensive Homosexual.
nounBack to top
A deviant person or thing.
- Norms use the clubs of stigma and shame to punish deviants, nonconformists, and radicals.
- Strip clubs are not a festering hive of perverts and deviants.
- Were you saying the behavior is deviant or they're deviants?
Words that rhyme with deviantofficiant • negotiant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.