Definition of devil's bit in English:
A North American plant of the lily family bearing tightly packed spikes of white flowers.
- Chamaelirium luteum, family Liliaceae
- Interesting flora includes purple devil's bit scabious and lilac field scabious, the yellow daisy-like common fleabane and the tall, cream-flowered meadow sweet.
- Areas with a high density of devil's bit scabious may be the key requirement within the grassland habitat.
- A number of wildflower species, such as devil's bit scabious and poppy, occur and attract large numbers of butterflies and moths.
Definition of devil's bit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan