Definition of devil's claw in English:
A plant whose seedpods bear clawlike hooks that can harm livestock.
- Two genera in the family Pedaliaceae: genus Proboscidea of warm regions of America, used in basketry or grown for their fruit, and Harpagophytum procumbens of southern Africa and Madagascar, used in herbal medicine
- Celery seed, devil's claw, dandelion root, meadowsweet, and white willow came out on top.
- And finally, European reports have confirmed the benefit of the herb devil's claw in managing gout; you can take 400 mg of the dried extract three times a day for as long as you wish.
- A recent article in The Sunday Times mentioned the use of the herb devil's claw for the treatment of frozen shoulder.
Definition of devil's claw in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia