Treat (an animal) to free it of worms.
More example sentences
- In addition, the cattle were dewormed with moxidectin (Cydectin; Ft. Dodge Animal Health).
- You can prevent your child from becoming reinfected by deworming your pets and by keeping your child away from areas where pets defecate.
- All animals were dewormed with an oral treatment of albendazole and were divided into three groups of 6 animals each.
- More example sentences
- In other words, one product is used over the course of a year followed by use of a different classification (mebendazole, organosphosphate, avermectine, etc.) of dewormers the next year.
- While such deficiencies may not exist here, a growing resistance of parasites to chemical dewormers has piqued interest in alternatives to conventional treatments for nematode infections.
- The most common time to administer dewormers for reproducing animals is prior to breeding and before farrowing.
More definitions of dewormDefinition of deworm in:
- The British & World English dictionary