Definition of deworm in English:
Treat (an animal) to free it of worms.
- In addition, the cattle were dewormed with moxidectin (Cydectin; Ft. Dodge Animal Health).
- You can prevent your child from becoming reinfected by deworming your pets and by keeping your child away from areas where pets defecate.
- All animals were dewormed with an oral treatment of albendazole and were divided into three groups of 6 animals each.
- Example sentences
- In other words, one product is used over the course of a year followed by use of a different classification (mebendazole, organosphosphate, avermectine, etc.) of dewormers the next year.
- While such deficiencies may not exist here, a growing resistance of parasites to chemical dewormers has piqued interest in alternatives to conventional treatments for nematode infections.
- The most common time to administer dewormers for reproducing animals is prior to breeding and before farrowing.
Definition of deworm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia