- A dhol, especially a relatively small one.More example sentences
- This is a more reflective music than the joyous abandon of Qawwali; tabla and dholak provide the shifting, cyclical heartbeats that underpin Parveen's song, shadowed by harmonium and bansuri flute.
- The poetic delicacy of her singing, the rhythm underlined by traditional dholak and harmonium stole the hearts.
- The sokah was born when a major African singer - Ras Shorty I - inculcated Indian rhythms with dholak and tabla.
Hindi, from ḍhol (see dhol) + the diminutive suffix -ak.
More definitions of dholakDefinition of dholak in:
- The British & World English dictionary