- (In Hindu and Buddhist practice) profound meditation that is the penultimate stage of yoga.More example sentences
- Buddhist art is dhyana, a meditation practiced by monks and artists alike.
- And of Rolf, he says, ‘It is not that he pushes his regular students into pranayama, dharana or dhyana after they have mastered the basic asanas.’
- Clearly we see ample evidence that the ancient seers considered it very important that the mind be cleared and prepared to fully experience dhyana and one of the most powerful tools in preparation for dhyana is mantra and pranayama.
from Sanskrit dhyāna.
More definitions of dhyanaDefinition of dhyana in:
- The British & World English dictionary