Definition of diamond willow in English:
A willow with diamond-shaped depressions on the trunk as a result of fungal attack, resulting in timber with a diamond-shaped pattern of pale sapwood and darker heartwood.
- Several species in the genus Salix are affected, in particular S. bebbiana
- Once a year a friend drives a load of diamond willow down to us - and this wood is just beautiful.
- Another feature of diamond willow is the presence of boring insects and the tunnels they create in the wood from their boring activities.
- Harvest of diamond willow is allowed on the Forest, but requires a permit, which can be obtained at Forest Service offices.
Definition of diamond willow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.