noun (plural diaries)
- 1A book in which one keeps a daily record of events and experiences: I resolved to keep a diary of events during the warMore example sentences
- In either case, keep a diary or other written record of events.
- All participants completed a stress scale questionnaire and kept a daily food diary.
- Throughout the study, participants kept a daily symptom diary and completed a quality-of-life questionnaire.
- 1.1A datebook.More example sentences
- Having the radio operator's diary from her father's unit, she knew where to go.
- Pulling out the small spiral diary, she opened it up to the first page.
- Now, after a winter away from performing, Suzy has a diary full of engagements once more.
late 16th century: from Latin diarium, from dies 'day'.