- Used by children to refer to a little bird.[ late 18th century: probably from Dicky, nickname for the given name Richard]More example sentences
- The best dickey bird of the day was a single Cedar Waxwing sitting on the wire just in front of the watch.
- You can watch eagles and loons, warblers that migrate here, dickey birds, and waterfowl.
- A few minutes later my two companions and I walked down a country road examining the little dickey birds perched along the fence.
More definitions of dickey birdDefinition of dickey bird in:
- The British & World English dictionary