adjectiveUS • black slang
- Ostentatiously stylish; pretentious: up there in their dicty Detroit suburb living the so-called good lifeMore example sentences
- If she was rejected by an elite and urban northern black community, she also reviled them, scorning their white lifestyle as ‘dicty’ (a pejorative coinage).
- However, it in no way hampers the author's incisive analysis of the ‘dicty,’ African-American bourgeois.
- Thus, I have a hard time seeing how ditzy/ditsy might have been derived from dicty.
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of dictyDefinition of dicty in:
- The British & World English dictionary