- (Of a metal object) formed by pouring molten metal into a reusable mold: a die-cast aluminum loudspeaker chassisMore example sentences
- Some items such as rail ends and eye tops are made from die-cast aluminum as well as galvanized steel.
- Here, the firm chose a fixture made from chrome-plated steel joined to an adjustable die-cast aluminum adapter.
- The units feature a die-cast aluminum housing and sealed industrial M12 connectors.
verb[with object] (usually as noun die-casting) Back to top
- Make (a metal object) by pouring molten metal into a mold.More example sentences
- Both methods employ the use of permanent moulds, usually similar to those used for die-casting but of different metal, and castings can be produced weighing from a few ounces up to hundredweights by this method.
- Gammons said pressure faced by the magnesium die-casting industry from the automotive industry to reduce costs will keep prices down at a level where Chinese imports will be uneconomic after the duties are levied.
- THE 100 strikers, members of the GMB union, at Lupton & Place die-casting factories in Burnley returned to work last week.
More definitions of die-castDefinition of die-cast in:
- The British & World English dictionary