An established connection between coins struck from the same die.
- But finding die links or die identities in the broader category of imitations has proven to be elusive.
- This graph illustrates the reduced slide velocity of a progressive die link compared to a standard crank motion.
- The 31 plates illustrate the coins and die links, early Macedonian coinage, and unpublished hoard material.
verb[with object] (die-link)
Establish a connection between (coins).
- Except for die-linking, all of the above methods are dependent upon accurate and complete classification.
- Such pendants were produced in multiples: the two pendants from Wingham are identical and are die-linked to a third pendant found in Grave 134 in the nearby Dover Buckland cemetery.
- The two varieties from this blundered reverse die, Breen 3 - D and 4 - D, are not die-linked to any other group of marriages, thus, cannot easily be placed in the exact order of production.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: die link
Definition of die link in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.