Definition of dieffenbachia in English:
A plant of a genus that includes dumb cane and its relatives.
- Genus Dieffenbachia, family Araceae
- The wide leaves of the dieffenbachias tend to hold dust and this might obstruct their breathing.
- Can you tell me if the pods that form on the top of my dieffenbachia are harmful to the plant?
- The dieffenbachia is an ornamental plant that is used fundamentally like an indoor plant.
Modern Latin, named after Ernst Dieffenbach (1811–55), German horticulturalist.
Definition of dieffenbachia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.