Definition of dieffenbachia in English:
A plant of a genus that includes dumb cane and its relatives.
- Genus Dieffenbachia, family Araceae
- The wide leaves of the dieffenbachias tend to hold dust and this might obstruct their breathing.
- Can you tell me if the pods that form on the top of my dieffenbachia are harmful to the plant?
- The dieffenbachia is an ornamental plant that is used fundamentally like an indoor plant.
modern Latin, named after Ernst Dieffenbach (1811–55), German horticulturalist.
Definition of dieffenbachia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India