- Denoting or involving a period of 24 hours: tidal and diel cyclesMore example sentences
- Two additional cruises were conducted during calm periods to determine diel variation in the vertical distribution of C. concholepas competent larvae.
- Water movement and diel cycles of internal water distribution between water-storage hydrenchyma and photosynthetic chlorenchyma has also been demonstrated for A. deserti, Ferocactus acanthodes and Opuntia ficus-indica.
- Specimens were collected over a broad range of times to ensure that foods consumed throughout the diel cycle were represented.
1930s: from Latin dies 'day' + -(a)l (see -al).
More definitions of dielDefinition of diel in:
- The British & World English dictionary