- A toxic insecticide produced by the oxidation of aldrin, now largely banned because of its persistence in the environment.
More example sentences
- A chlorinated epoxide; chemical formula: C12H8Cl6O
- Many pesticides which were once very familiar contaminants - DDT, aldrin, dieldrin, and toxaphene - have been banned in the US, Canada, and the UK.
- DDT, dieldrin, lindane and other cancer-causing pesticides, many of them sprayed from airplanes, were not banned until 1989.
- But some pesticides, such as dieldrin or aldicarb, can permeate the entire body of the fruit or vegetable.
More definitions of dieldrinDefinition of dieldrin in:
- The British & World English dictionary