- A quantity measuring the ability of a substance to store electrical energy in an electric field.More example sentences
- We show that the boundary and its curvature are the crucial factors in determining how an ion's potential energy depends on the dielectric constants near an interface.
- A distance-dependent dielectric constant was used for electrostatic interactions.
- This polarization effect can lead to a situation where water cannot be treated as a simple, homogenous, dielectric continuum with a dielectric constant of 80.
More definitions of dielectric constantDefinition of dielectric constant in:
- The British & World English dictionary