Definition of diethylene glycol in English:
A colorless, soluble liquid used as a solvent and antifreeze.
- Chemical formula: (C2H4OH)2O
- While it's true that some Austrian winemakers were caught adding an illicit sweetening agent in 1985, the substance in question was diethylene glycol, not ethylene glycol.
- Other glycols are also used in polymer production; for example, tetramethylene glycol is used to produce polyesters, and diethylene glycol is used in the manufacture of polyurethane and unsaturated polyester resins.
- Unfortunately, the new product the company distributed contained diethylene glycol, an antifreeze and poison.
Definition of diethylene glycol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.