- An instrument for measuring diffraction, chiefly used to determine the structure of a crystal by analysis of the diffraction of X-rays.More example sentences
- One way to quash remaining doubts that the salts are really there, however, would be to equip a Martian rover with an X-ray diffractometer - an instrument that analyzes the properties of crystals.
- The specimens were then ground to a fine powder and analyzed individually in an X-ray diffractometer to determine carbonate polymorph mineralogy.
- These could include microscopes; magnetic resonance, infrared, and mass spectrometers; x-ray diffractometers; chromatographs; enzymatic assays; even DNA sequencers.
More definitions of diffractometerDefinition of diffractometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary