- A drug containing the active constituents of digitalis.More example sentences
- Deer also avoid plants that people consider medicinal and poisonous: foxgloves (the plant source of the cardiac drug digitalin), poppies (the plant source of opium), daffodils, and lily-of-the-valley.
- Digitalis, a drug prepared from digitalin, a glycoside obtained from the common foxglove, is used in medicine.
- In this way a digitalin of indefinite composition is obtained, consisting of such glucosides as digitin, digitonin, etc.
More definitions of digitalinDefinition of digitalin in:
- The British & World English dictionary