- Of or relating to a flood or floods, especially the biblical Flood.More example sentences
- These numbers defy uniformitarian mechanisms and are much more consistent with a diluvial mechanism.
- Leading catastrophists such as them promoted the so-called diluvial theory, which accounted for many geological phenomena by the action of the biblical flood.
- There is that fishy loophole in the whole diluvial death wish.
mid 17th century: from late Latin diluvialis, from diluvium 'deluge', from diluere 'wash away'.
More definitions of diluvialDefinition of diluvial in:
- The British & World English dictionary