- The combination of two coats of arms by juxtaposing the dexter half of one and the sinister half of the other on a single shield (a practice largely superseded by impalement).More example sentences
- In Germany, dimidiation is still a common method of marshalling, where one or both of two coats of arms in a combination will be halved, as in the arms of Loschau.
- This type of union is known as dimidiation.
- It should suffice to note that marshalling of arms is generally accomplished by either: dimidiation, impalement, quartering or superimposition.
More definitions of dimidiationDefinition of dimidiation in:
- The British & World English dictionary