Definition of diner in English:
1A person who is eating, typically a customer in a restaurant.
- Brave restaurant workers and a diner disarmed a customer who pulled out a gun in a dispute over an unpaid bill.
- He is a frequent diner at Italian restaurants in Portman, Grand Hyatt and St Regis.
- Amid the chatter of diners in Lakeland's restaurants and hotels, observant customers may have noticed the prevalence of Eastern European accents ringing out among the staff.
2A dining car on a train.
- We boarded and the diner had closed for the evening and the club car was only opened until midnight.
- They took the first class passengers to the diner for their meal since the train would be late.
- Perhaps one of happiest diversions while traveling by train is a trip to the diner.
2.1North American A small roadside restaurant with a long counter and booths, originally one designed to resemble a dining car on a train.
- They walked around for about an hour before settling into a booth at the diner for coffee and chat.
- And all-you-can-eat buffets are as common as roadside diners once were.
- There's nothing better than eating at small, greasy roadside diners and sleeping in fleabag motels to let you know you are still alive.
Words that rhyme with dinerangina, assigner, china, consignor, decliner, definer, Dinah, diviner, forty-niner, hardliner, incliner, Indo-China, liner, maligner, Medina, miner, minor, mynah, recliner, refiner, Regina, Salina, Shekinah, shiner, signer, South Carolina, Steiner, twiner, whiner
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.