Definition of dinner in English:
1The main meal of the day, taken either around midday or in the evening.
- This includes luxury coach, motel accommodation, three breakfasts and dinners plus one lunch.
- They receive subsidised breakfast, lunch and dinners if they have to work late.
- You celebrate cozy dinners and candlelight evenings with family and loved ones.
1.1A formal evening meal, typically one in honor of a person or event.
- The dining hall is usually reserved for the weekly formal dinners and breakfast buffets.
- Our team provides the best quality food to all sizes of events, from corporate dinners to weddings.
- Bacon had to carry on with the reception and dinners in his honour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia