- 1The main meal of the day, taken either around midday or in the evening.More example sentences
- This includes luxury coach, motel accommodation, three breakfasts and dinners plus one lunch.
- They receive subsidised breakfast, lunch and dinners if they have to work late.
- You celebrate cozy dinners and candlelight evenings with family and loved ones.
- 1.1A formal evening meal, typically one in honor of a person or event.More example sentences
- The dining hall is usually reserved for the weekly formal dinners and breakfast buffets.
- Our team provides the best quality food to all sizes of events, from corporate dinners to weddings.
- Bacon had to carry on with the reception and dinners in his honour.
Middle English: from Old French disner (infinitive used as a noun: see dine).