(also dinner set)
- A set of matching dishes for serving a meal.More example sentences
- Later dessert flatware, whether matching the dinner service or not, often had extra embellishment in the form of gilding and/or engraving.
- In January 1866 the retailer E. V. Haughwout hired Lycett to paint additional pieces of the Lincoln dinner service for President Andrew Johnson.
- In an intriguing story of intertwining histories, 120 pieces from a magnificent dinner service ordered for George III have found their way to Britain.
More definitions of dinner serviceDefinition of dinner service in:
- The British & World English dictionary