noun (plural dinos)informal
A dinosaur: [as modifier]: the palaeontologist hopes future digs will uncover new dino species previously unknown to science
More example sentences
- Everything from the smallest dino to the biggest predator seems to become an appetizer for some other species of dinosaur during the movie.
- Labourers can earn up to $5 a day digging up and selling fossils, and this has created a massive supply of black-market dino relics.
- The dino range has expanded beyond noisy and noisome T Rex and those kangaroo-bouncy raptors to include the mean-clawed, fast-flying pteronadon and big, big spinosaurus.
Definition of dino in:
Democrat in name only, referring to a member of the Democratic Party considered too conservative by more liberal members.
- Indeed, he would have survived if he had not been such a tool of the DINO wing of the Democratic Party.
- The center is trying to be drummed out in some cases, RINO hunting and DINO hunting.
- A DINO senator and two bloggers have endorsed Bush.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.