noun (plural dinos)informal
A dinosaur: [as modifier]: the palaeontologist hopes future digs will uncover new dino species previously unknown to science
More example sentences
- Then I attended a dino symposium and was nailed by the passion and intensity that paleontologists brought to their science.
- We're going to talk with one of the paleontologists behind the dino autopsy right as soon as we come back.
- There are two tales here: the story, and how the story will be played in the dino media.
Definition of dino in:
- British & World English dictionary
Democrat in name only, referring to a member of the Democratic Party considered too conservative by more liberal members.
- But some things never change, and here was the biggest DINO (Democrat in name only) in the Senate crowing about what a wonderful vote he cast.
- Indeed, he would have survived if he had not been such a tool of the DINO wing of the Democratic Party.
- The center is trying to be drummed out in some cases, RINO hunting and DINO hunting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.