Definition of diocesan in English:
Of or concerning a diocese.
- Each local context requires creative action that enables parish and diocesan leaders to promote a sense of belonging and ownership among Latinas and Latinos.
- As I look back on decades of chairing parish and diocesan meetings, the book's purpose hits home.
- Diocesan newspapers do not broadcast weaknesses in diocesan procedures or policies.
nounBack to top
The bishop of a diocese.
- Since 1704 the chief bishop of the Anglican church, designated the Primus, is elected from among the Scottish diocesans.
- Although the financial arrangements are kept under constant review, it is expected that the diocesan's obligations will continue for many years.
- Its Diocesan is Archbishop Gregorios, who resides in London.
Words that rhyme with diocesanarchdiocesan
Definition of diocesan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.