- 1A semiconductor device with two terminals, typically allowing the flow of current in one direction only.More example sentences
- Molecular electronics - designing carbon-based molecules to act as wires, diodes, transistors and other microelectronic devices - is one of the most dynamic frontiers in nanotechnology.
- With up to four stacked diodes in a device, the lasers can output up to 80 W of infrared power at a pulse length of 100 ns.
- An integrated circuit contains a planar first transistor and a diode.
- 1.1A thermionic tube having two electrodes (an anode and a cathode).More example sentences
- The cathode of the diode is connected to the column side of your matrix, the anode is connected to your switch, and the other contact on your switch connects to the row.
- Electronic technologies to watch: diodes that convert waste heat into electricity, cheap computer chips printed like newspapers, and electromechanical devices that fit on the head of a pin.
- The field emission cathode can be used as an efficient cold cathode in a variety of electronic devices, such as flat panel field emission displays, microwave diodes, triodes and more complex devices.
More definitions of diodeDefinition of diode in:
- The British & World English dictionary