- An oxide containing two atoms of oxygen in its molecule or empirical formula.More example sentences
- The clay body is held together firmly by the collapsed molecules of aluminum dioxide and silicon oxide, which intermesh like a basket weave.
- High concentrations of nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxides, and lead apparently often cancel the need for traditional blue.
- Plastic production is water-intensive and causes air emissions of hydrocarbons, sulfur oxides, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, and carbon dioxides.
More definitions of dioxideDefinition of dioxide in:
- The British & World English dictionary