Definition of diphenhydramine in English:
An antihistamine compound used for the symptomatic relief of allergies.
- A synthetic amine, usually used as a hydrochloride salt; chemical formula: C17H21NO
- Take an antihistamine containing diphenhydramine (Benadryl, Tylenol Severe Allergy) or chlorpheniramine maleate (Chlor-Trimeton, Teldrin).
- Amitriptyline, diazepam and diphenhydramine (in Tylenol PM) are considered risky for older individuals.
- The sedating antihistamine diphenhydramine is found in Benadryl, Tylenol PM and Sominex.
Definition of diphenhydramine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.