- The number of chromosomes present in the body cells of a diploid organism.More example sentences
- For chromosomal non-disjunction, the scoring was restricted to binucleated cells having the diploid number for the chromosomes analysed (two spots for each of the two probes).
- The two meiotic cell divisions reduce the diploid number of chromosomes in the precursor cells to the haploid number in the gametes.
- In this family a wide range of chromosome diploid numbers is observed and, moreover, an extensive chromosome and karyotype polymorphism in some species has been described.
More definitions of diploid numberDefinition of diploid number in:
- The British & World English dictionary