- Denoting or relating to mechanical parts driven directly by a motor, without a belt or other device to transmit power.More example sentences
- For increased accuracy, the company's systems include linear stages that move the workpiece, as well as direct-drive rotary motors for tube cutting.
- ‘And if you step back and talk about the power train, we've got a high-tech direct-drive power-shift transmission,’ says Wyant.
- The unit comes with a welded work bowl with a molded wear-resistant polyurethane lining, a direct-drive electric motor, and an integrated triangular wedge on the work bowl's outer wall that ensures optimal movement of media and parts.
More definitions of direct-driveDefinition of direct-drive in:
- The British & World English dictionary