- Extremely poor: dirt-poor villagesMore example sentences
- We were not rich, for sure, but we were not poor either - at least not dirt poor.
- But until relatively recent times, anybody who worked in farming, except landlords, were dirt poor and worked in abject poverty.
- We were taken to villages where people were working on coffee plantations that weren't fair trade and these people were dirt poor.
More definitions of dirt poorDefinition of dirt poor in:
- The British & World English dictionary