noun (plural disabilities)
- 1A physical or mental condition that limits a person’s movements, senses, or activities.More example sentences
- It pays for equipment and holidays to help improve the lives of children with physical and mental disabilities in the York area.
- It permitted specified doctors to put to death those suffering from grave mental or physical disabilities.
- Recipients include community groups, nursing homes, and people with physical disabilities.
- 1.1A disadvantage or handicap, especially one imposed or recognized by the law: he had to quit his job and go on disabilityMore example sentences
- The fact that the defendant is under a disability is, in the end, it seems to me, a neutral point.
- It was necessary for him to show that he was under a disability on and from the date of the accident.
- The Supreme Court said that the objective was to wipe out disabilities imposed by Hindu shastras.