- 1(Of a person) having a physical or mental condition that limits movements, senses, or activities: facilities for disabled people (as plural noun the disabled) the needs of the disabledMore example sentences
- But the Government says it has brought forward a raft of equality legislation and has pumped record funds into the improving conditions for disabled people.
- Tory Euro-MPs say over-prescriptive details will make it more expensive for manufacturers to comply with the worthy goal of improving bus conditions for disabled people.
- They began the project, based in Charnley Street, Mill Hill, after seeing first-hand the lack of activity provision for disabled children.
- 1.1(Of an activity, organization, or facility) specifically designed for or relating to people with a physical or mental disability.More example sentences
- The building has also been specially designed for disabled access.
- The new law will require all providers of goods and services to make reasonable physical adjustments to enable disabled access.
- When the Steam Museum was being built I, with others, spent many hours working at Empire House on the design of disabled and walking wounded lavatories.