Definition of disabled in English:
1(Of a person) having a physical or mental condition that limits movements, senses, or activities: facilities for disabled people (as plural noun the disabled) the needs of the disabled
More example sentences
- But the Government says it has brought forward a raft of equality legislation and has pumped record funds into the improving conditions for disabled people.
- Tory Euro-MPs say over-prescriptive details will make it more expensive for manufacturers to comply with the worthy goal of improving bus conditions for disabled people.
- They began the project, based in Charnley Street, Mill Hill, after seeing first-hand the lack of activity provision for disabled children.
1.1(Of an activity, organization, or facility) specifically designed for or relating to people with a physical or mental disability.
- The building has also been specially designed for disabled access.
- The new law will require all providers of goods and services to make reasonable physical adjustments to enable disabled access.
- When the Steam Museum was being built I, with others, spent many hours working at Empire House on the design of disabled and walking wounded lavatories.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia