- Any of a class of sugars whose molecules contain two monosaccharide residues.More example sentences
- The same trend is observed for the mono- and the disaccharide with a more pronounced swelling excess with the disaccharide, as previously reported with other disaccharides like lactose or saccharose.
- Several physiologically important disaccharides are sucrose, lactose and maltose.
- Among them, the most effective in preserving a more native-like structure are the disaccharides sucrose and trehalose in dry films and the polymer dextran in wet films.
More definitions of disaccharideDefinition of disaccharide in:
- The British & World English dictionary