Definition of disarticulate in English:
1Separate (bones) at the joints: the African egg-eating snake can disarticulate its lower jaw from its upper
More example sentences
- Other scattered, disarticulated bones on the platform were oriented both east-west and north-south.
- Additionally, disarticulated human bone was found mixed with animal bone and other household refuse in the fill of burial pits and other small pits.
- If there's just a single disarticulated bone in the site, then it becomes more tenuous.
- Example sentences
- In an experimental laboratory study, Daley showed that weakening in the hinge area facilitates rapid fragmentation of the shell (within months) even before disarticulation is achieved.
- There is some indication of an extended period of care for the dead (at least for some individuals) in the presence of secondary burials, disarticulation and even occasional rearticulation.
- Exposed to decay processes, crinoids of these groups had differing resistance to disarticulation; from most to least resistant, camerates, disparids, cladids, and flexibles.
Definition of disarticulate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan