- 1Inability or refusal to accept that something is true or real: Laura shook her head in disbeliefMore example sentences
- My first reaction on discovering the burglary was disbelief, indignation and real sadness.
- This is just sickening us all and there's a real sense of disbelief here.
- It must survive rejection or disbelief to either be accepted or at least raise a reasonable doubt.
- 1.1Lack of faith in something: I’ll burn in hell for disbeliefMore example sentences
- He discussed and investigated the philosophical basis and long history of atheism and disbelief.
- Depending on what aspects of the evidence you choose to stress or underplay, it's not that hard to conclude that belief or disbelief in afterlife is warranted.
- Now he is presenting nothing less than an entire history of atheism, and an impassioned argument for disbelief in all things supernatural.