- A lamp in which the light is produced by a discharge tube.More example sentences
- Scientists perform a series of calculations to transform X-ray intensity data into an image of the spatial distribution of mercury atoms in a high-intensity discharge lamp.
- The companies paired up to develop the discharge lamp, otherwise known as ‘the bulb,’ which uses a mercury substitute and a modified tube design that the companies say lasts as long and puts out as much light as a current mercury lamp.
- Daylight-supporting illumination is provided by a higher color-temperature slim-line discharge lamp enclosed in white glass.
More definitions of discharge lampDefinition of discharge lamp in:
- The British & World English dictionary