- A device for extracting a hook from a fish’s throat.More example sentences
- Shake the fish free over the side of the boat by using a disgorger if you can, every moment a fish spends out of the water every time it is handled will lessen its chances of survival when returned to the sea.
- If the hook is easily accessible then the use of a disgorger or long nose pliers will enable the hook to be removed often without taking the fish from the water.
- There's nothing worse than starting fishing and being short of small essentials like shot or disgorgers.
More definitions of disgorgerDefinition of disgorger in:
- The British & World English dictionary