Definition of disgraceful in English:
Shockingly unacceptable: a disgraceful waste of money [with clause]: it is disgraceful that they should be denied unemployment benefits
More example sentences
- This shocking and disgraceful practice should not be tolerated in any society.
- Lets hope this disgraceful waste of tax payers money ends at the next election.
- Rescuing ducks from a flood would be a disgraceful waste of resources by the emergency services.
shameful, shocking, scandalous, deplorable, despicable, contemptible, beyond contempt, beyond the pale, dishonorable, discreditable, reprehensible, base, mean, low, blameworthy, unworthy, ignoble, shabby, inglorious, outrageous, abominable, atrocious, appalling, dreadful, terrible, disgusting, shameless, vile, odious, monstrous, heinous, iniquitous, unspeakable, loathsome, sordid, nefarious
- Example sentences
- The travellers, who included eight adults, eight children plus a newborn baby, told the Gazette they had been treated disgracefully and had been the victims of racial abuse and false allegations.
- ‘A number of politicians have behaved disgracefully and then compounded their offences by trying to evade responsibility,’ she said.
- Most mornings, particularly around the weekend, this area is disgracefully littered with fast food bags, boxes, cartons and drinks containers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.