Definition of disinflation in English:
Reduction in the rate of inflation.
- More than a decade of inflation and disinflation followed in the major developed countries and many developing countries.
- In the transition economies, the early peggers - Czechoslovakia, Estonia, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia - performed much better than the floaters, both in terms of the rate and cost of disinflation.
- Second, even if this opportunity had been missed, subsequent losses could have been reduced if recapitalization had been sought when disinflation sharply lowered interest rates in 1982-1983.
- Example sentences
- After all, interest rate setting has its ambiguities too - do lower rates imply expansionary policy or simply a validation of disinflationary pressures?
- Further efforts to deregulate and privatize would help; but increased regulation and government ownership of productive resources could undermine, and even reverse, the disinflationary process.
- While I judge this to be an unlikely outcome, the current behavior of consumers would be consistent with creating a dynamic that supports disinflationary trends in the economy.
Definition of disinflation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India