- False information that is intended to mislead, especially propaganda issued by a government organization to a rival power or the media.More example sentences
- It is their sneaky methods, of propaganda, disinformation and manipulation of intelligence.
- I navigate my way through the morass of information and disinformation.
- Language, the use of words, and how information and disinformation is handled, can be crucial to the twists and turns of history.
1950s: formed on the pattern of Russian dezinformatsiya.
More definitions of disinformationDefinition of disinformation in:
- The British & World English dictionary