verb (disinhibits, disinhibiting, disinhibited)[with object]
Make (someone or something) less inhibited: as well as disinhibiting me, he educated me
More example sentences
- The potential for peers to inhibit or disinhibit a potential offender's sexual imposition is supported by research on physical aggression.
- Such binge drinking disinhibits people and leads to a spectrum of anti-social behaviour ranging from yobbism and vandalism to serious violence.
- It disinhibits cats, so I can observe them properly, see who they really are.
- Example sentences
- Is that sort of radical interpersonal disinhibition so tightly bound up with the creative and productive instincts of the entrepreneur that stifling it to an excessive extent will also kill productivity and creativity?
- I consider the probability is that his loss of self control was at least due to a significant degree to his disinhibition as a result of the alcohol and drugs he had taken on that day.
- Obviously to work as she has done, some disinhibition is needed, but this can be a position the artist assumes rather than because they are naturally or compulsively disinhibited.
Definition of disinhibit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.