- Reduction in the use of intermediaries between producers and consumers, for example by investing directly in the securities market rather than through a bank.More example sentences
- Along with financial disintermediation, investment relative to GDP declined over time.
- But it was also to avoid the bank disintermediation associated with a stock market boom.
- We remain in the heart of a major disintermediation out of low-yielding money fund deposits and into securities.
More definitions of disintermediationDefinition of disintermediation in:
- The British & World English dictionary