Feeling or showing that something is unworthy of consideration: he is too dismissive of the importance of the industrialists
More example sentences
- The same sort of dismissive attitude is evident in response to the latest findings.
- Both Dodge and Hollis were sceptical of the worth of intervention and dismissive towards the coalition.
- He denied the trust had been dismissive towards Mr Blackbird and his family.
- Example sentences
- And while I've been quite vocal in my dismissiveness about graphic design's power to save the world, I briefly found renewed hope yesterday in this feisty, if frustrating campaign season.
- But I do think that the fascination, condemnation, and dismissiveness of a lot of the talk about it speaks to the misogyny of our culture.
- ‘What I see is a familiar pattern of awareness, but also dismissiveness,’ he says.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.