- Finally, whey protein dissolves easily in water, making it convenient for a protein drink when you're on the go.
- It is a fast-working, fog-free, stain-free agent that dissolves easily in cold water, keeps extremely well and produces negatives of very high acutance.
- I began to try and vainly struggle, tears running down my cheeks and leaving a black trail like discoloured blood as my eyeliner dissolved with the salty solution.
- Without being free of thought, without the thinking having dissolved, vanished, disappeared, there is no way to be liberated or enlightened.
- When this attitude, which maintains duality, is allowed to not be formed, to disappear, to dissolve, to vanish - what is left?
- But these settlements eventually dissolved and disappeared.
- She gave him a false smile and dissolved into a bout of strong tears, overwhelmed with emotion of such change that had taken place and yearning for her real home, the home she belonged in.
- His usual good humored expression had dissolved into one of annoyance and displeasure.
- Scott's puzzled expression dissolved into an annoyed one.
- I could have taken the last shot of Preminger's film and started after dissolving to the title, ‘Three Years Later.’
- The scene dissolves to her riding her horse in reality, lost in the speed and the feeling of total communication with an animal of another species.
- From the moment J.B. and Constance first move together to kiss, and Hitchcock dissolves to a hall of opening doors, we enter a surreal world that might be only safely explored as a dream.
- Subsequently, the president dissolves Congress and imposes martial law on the country.
- After the party prevented Deuba from seeking the extension to the emergency in parliament, Deuba dissolved the assembly for elections two years ahead of schedule.
- The President has dissolved the Assembly and appealed to the people and the army; he establishes universal suffrage, and has arrested his political opponents.
- So we got the whole thing annulled, dissolving the marriage as if it never took place.
- Generally, church courts do not dissolve marriages, but annul them by declaring that no genuine marriage took place.
- Secondly, with respect to married people, if the marriage was dissolved by divorce after the will was witnessed, the will is void.
- We see how helicopters were used, how scenes were composed, and the before-and-after dissolves of scenes.
- Reel-change markers have been removed, and scene transitions and dissolves are mostly smooth.
- He uses split screens, dissolves and transitions to capture the action in the water.
- Example sentences
- Once home, the entire package goes right in the wash, thanks to a packaging material composed of dissolvable cornstarch and a small amount of detergent.
- I would have been spared that habit if we'd had dissolvable chewing gum.
- Guidelines for selecting a supplement were provided including the importance of selecting a dissolvable supplement.
- Example sentences
- Oil and water don't mix but are they both good dissolvers?
- To be effective, the clot dissolvers must be given within 3 hours of stroke onset.
- A Texas chemical company has developed a molecular cement dissolver as an alternative to acid for removing hardened concrete from tools, trucks, and other equipment.
Late Middle English (also in the sense 'break down into component parts'): from Latin dissolvere, from dis- 'apart' + solvere 'loosen or solve'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.