- A substance that dissolves something else.More example sentences
- Our business, academic, and media elites, says Kurth, are united in their devotion to global consciousness, transnationalism, multiculturalism, and other dissolvents of American identity.
- His brother works with some toxic dissolvent as a part of his work. What he does we still don't know.
- Soluble polymers that become fluid in a special dissolvent can be used in a printing process as electronic ink.
mid 17th century: from Latin dissolvent- 'dissolving', from the verb dissolvere (see dissolve).
More definitions of dissolventDefinition of dissolvent in:
- The British & World English dictionary