- A post placed at a specified distance before the finishing post on a racecourse, which a horse must have passed when the winner finishes in order to qualify for a subsequent heat.More example sentences
- Most races have distance posts along the route, so you'll know how you are progressing.
- A horse that had not passed the distance post by the time the winner had got home was 'distanced' and eliminated from the next heat.
- Blacklock had a three length lead at the distance post.
More definitions of distance postDefinition of distance post in:
- The British & World English dictionary