Definition of distributor in English:
1An agent who supplies goods to stores and other businesses that sell to consumers: a wholesale liquor distributor the movie’s distributor booked the film into theaters
More example sentences
- The workshops will review market research techniques and the role of agents and distributors.
- We were the largest independent beverage distributor in western Canada.
- You are now ready to proceed as an independent herbalife distributor.
2A device in a gasoline engine for passing electric current to each spark plug in turn.
- The only cure was to get soaking wet while trying to dry out the distributor that generated the electricity that made the car go.
- Many motorists cannot tell a drive belt from a distributor.
- This engine has a unique system: a pick-up coil in the distributor triggers the spark.
Words that rhyme with distributorcontributor
Definition of distributor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.